Monday, January 31, 2011

Christmas 2010

Here’s Layout Number Two for the year. Have to confess I toyed with the idea of making it Layout Two & Three – you know, store it up against a creativity trough – but we’re humming along nicely so far, so will keep it as is.


Quite happy with this. It’s very simple, but there’s so much going on photo-wise that I think it almost has to be. I like the way the wreath in the large photo works almost like an accent. Must remember to try that again sometime. That photo, incidentally, is of my effortlessly stylish sister’s front door. (Would love to say that I chose the background paper to match the lines and angles in the door itself, but actually I only just noticed that now. Serendipity alert! In fact, I chose the paper because it was red and on sale.)

By the by, I love Kaiser’s silver rhinestone strips! I’m not a bling kind o’ gal by any stretch of the imagination  - most of the time when I try to add a bit my inner Coco Chanel kicks in and insists I take it off – but these are great. I love how adaptable they are; streamlined, whimsical, energetic – they can do it all. I realise that sounds a wee bit ad-speak, but it’s true! Plus, if you cut them up you get stacks more out of a packet than the regular ones. Random Thrifty Tip # 1….

So Christmas 2010 is sorted. Hurrah!

Note to self: Buy new white pen.

1 comment: