Thursday, February 3, 2011

A thankful kind of week

First of all, I want to thank all of you for visiting – it’s been lovely to make some new friends and catch up with old ones. I very much appreciate the comments too. J Isn’t blogging fun! I should’ve started this years ago…

It’s been a thankful kind of week all round, actually. Our youngest turned five (Five! Where does the time go??) amidst great excitement, and I sent up a little prayer of thanks every time I thought about where we were this time five years ago. Here’s life, as it was then:



Ten weeks early and a six week stint in hospital.

And here’s life, as it is now:




I get hung up on the little things occasionally, so it’s good to have a reminder every now and then to be grateful – there’s always something to be thankful for, huh?

Moving right along; here’s the third layout for the year:




Orange, in these kind of tones, is one of my all-time favourite colours to scrapbook with. It’s funny - I never go near it in real life, but paper-wise it’s become a bit of a go-to for me. Probably because I have twice as many boy pages to do as girl ones, come to think of it! Yellow’s the same. I can’t ever wear it without looking seriously ill, but it’s such a happy colour, I’m drawn to it for all sorts of layouts. Actually just finished a mini album of 2011 goals – all yellow. Might post that next time.

Until then, then. Happy scrapping!


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous post Dani :):):) I could not agree with your sentiments more....there's always something to be thankful for and it's nice to focus on the positives...even when days are ordinary, it just means we have to look that little bit harder to find them I guess...
    Just looking at your gorgeous little man today, sure it so much to be grateful for :) and your layout is beautiful too...

    ReplyDelete