Saturday, May 26, 2012

Week 21

Two layouts to post this time: last week's and this week's. Last weekend was a busy one; our girl was baptised at church, and we had lots of family and friends over for lunch afterwards. What with the cooking, cleaning and catching up, the thought of writing a coherent post on Sunday night was a little too much. So I used my remaining energy to crawl onto the couch and press 'play' on the remote instead.

One of the high points of the day, though, was the chance to not only say how proud of and grateful for our girl we are, but also to thank and honour the people dear to us for their love, support and investment into our family. What's that African proverb? "It takes a village to raise a child." It's so true. And I think we forget a lot of the time to stop and appreciate the people who ease and enable our journey. I know I do, anyway. So it was nice to be able to take a day to do that.

I think that's the biggest part of why I scrapbook, actually. It's such a powerful way to honour and celebrate the people most special to me. It's pretty awesome that photos + paper + words + a few bits and pieces can leave that kind of legacy.

On to layouts. Numbers Twenty and Twenty-One here:




The first one was a real play time. The main thing I wanted to do was capture the feel of the time - misery. (shouldn't have been fun, but it was!) That's why everything's messy and slumped down towards the bottom of the page. I loved the little rocket sticker - once I'd turned it upside down so it was more of a 'crash-and-burn' rather than a 'blast off' look, that is. I couldn't find any of my Christmassy stash for the second layout, except for a stamp and one sheet of paper which I didn't like.(May have slightly over-culled last year...) So I didn't worry too much about theming it, just went with what looked right. Let's hear it for generic products!

Have a wonderful week :)  

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dani, You are so inspiring. I love the chicken pox page. Joel to a tee. And yay to Beth. Her baptism was a great day.

    ReplyDelete